I’ve been promising to share this recipe for quite sometime; it is one of our go-to beverages (you know, when friends drop by unannounced and whipping up a drink out of nothing is of crisis-level importance, and we run out to the garden and grab grapefruit from the tree and lavender from the garden and then we look all fancy like we really have our lives together). And also, it’s officially summer; cacktail time.
What you’ll need:
Copper mule mugs, of course!
For one serving:
- 1.75 oz of vodka (we prefer Tito’s)
- .75 oz of fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 sprigs of fresh lavender
- approx. 4 or so oz. of ginger beer
- First, strip one lavender blossom of its bits, and place them in a small bowl. Pour in .75 oz of your vodka, and muddle well. Strain this into your mug, and then add the remaining 1 oz of ‘unlavendered’ vodka to the mug.
- Add your .75 oz of grapefruit juice to the vodka in the bottom of the mug. Stir.
- Fill your mug to the brim with ice
- Fill with ginger beer
- Garnish with a sprig of lavender
- Take beverage to front porch and sit
- Insert all of beverage into mouth and be happy