Honestly, these have Valentine’s Day written all over them. But you know what? They also have ‘summer’ written all over them. As well as ‘three day hangover’.
For one beverage, you’ll need:
- 2.5 oz. tart cherry juice (Whole Foods brand 365 Organic is my fav)
- 2 oz. silver tequila
- 1/2 oz. maraschino cherry liqueur
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons unrefined sugar (but refined is doable, too–the unrefined looks a little better, IMO)
- 1 tablespoon pink himalayan salt (or red hawaiian or something along those lines)
- 3 maraschino or fresh cherries when in season, pre-soaked in tequila
Begin by mixing your garnish sugar and pink salt together in a small dish. Combine thoroughly. Then spread it evenly across the bottom of a salad plate, and on a second salad plate, place the lime juice. ‘Salt’ your glass rim by dipping the rim of the glass into the lime juice and then dabbing it into the salt mixture. Fill your salted glass with ice, and set aside. Drain your three garnish cherries and make sure they are not sopping wet with liquid, then roll them in the salt mixture and spear them on a toothpick.
In a shaker full of ice, combine all your beverage ingredients, and shake thoroughly. Strain into your salt-rimmed glass, garnish with your tooth-picked cherries, and you are ready to rock.