The Saucy Mutt! Our spin on the classic ‘Salty Dog’ cocktail. This one’s salty, sweet, sour, and spicy. Best of luck.
- Rim your glass with an indecent amount of kosher salt and fill with ice.
- To a shaker, add 8 oz. grapefruit juice (I used fresh-squeezed straight off our tree, pulp strained. This recipe calls for tart grapefruit, but if you aren’t man enough, then use something sweet and pink like Ruby Red).
- Add 2 shots of habanero-infused vodka (we keep infused vodkas just sitting around, don’t you? If not, it’s all good–just use any jalepeno or habanero-flavored vodka, or fill a large mason jar with vodka, throw in a handful of sliced peppers, and let it sit over night)
- Add 1 shot of simple syrup, and shake it all up.
- Pour it over the ice in your glass, garnish with a slice of grapefruit, and if you want to get real fancy, a sprig of mint (this is orange mint from the garden).
- Drink. Rinse. Repeat.